Old 23-08-2006, 10:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default Oh, shucks! My paph malipoense bud-blasted :-(

Do you have anything else in bloom/spike right now, Joanna? It might be
worthwhile to check for pests.

Diana

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
My paph malipoense bud blasted after 4 months of spiking @#$%!!! The last
time it flowered successfully in 2005 after it had been in spike for 5
months. Unfortunately in the meantime we moved to a new place, so I could
not give it exactly the same conditions, but it seemed to be doing so
well -- this spike started already in this new place and I had not moved
it or changed its conditions since it started to spike (or at least I
don't think I have). I am baffled as to why it bud-blasted, and seriously
miffed since it takes so long for this plant to do anything and so a
failure is more significant. On the upside it does have a new growth
already so hopefully it will spike again next year. Sigh!

Joanna