Old 24-08-2006, 04:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default Oh, shucks! My paph malipoense bud-blasted :-(

J Fortuna wrote:

My paph malipoense bud blasted after 4 months of spiking @#$%!!! The last
time it flowered successfully in 2005 after it had been in spike for 5
months. ..........
.......... I am baffled as to why it bud-blasted, and seriously miffed
since it takes so long for this plant to do anything and so a failure is
more significant. On the upside it does have a new growth already so
hopefully it will spike again next year. Sigh!

Joanna

Well, without the burden of that flower, maybe the new growth will turn
out bigger and stronger than it would have otherwise. Maybe it will
spend the energy it saved on making a 2nd new growth and send it on its
way to being a nice specimen plant.

Steve