Old 24-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Plantaganet Plantaganet is offline
Registered User

Location: Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom.
Question Biting insects!

Hi,

2006 seems to be one of the worst years for biting insects when gardening, at least it is for me! I only have to step out into my garden and I am immediately attacked by swarms of the blighters, or should it be biters? I am at the moment enduring many sleepless nights trying not to scratch my arms and ankles that are covered with insect bites.
I remember once being told by a seasoned angler, that Atkinson's Lavender Water is just the job for keeping all flies and midges away, Unfortunately, I find that it is not available now. Is there any other tried and tested product that will allow me to enter my garden, without being attacked by the insect hordes?