Old 24-08-2006, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Russel Sprout Russel Sprout is offline

Default Poor runner bean crop

"Trevor" wrote in message
. com...
The experts will say it's the high July temps, however my polytunnel crop
sown at the same time as the outdoor ones have been fantastic and are
still on the go whilst the outdoor crop allways looked poor (French
climbing beans)

Trevor
east Yorkshire

I tend to agree with the prolonged high temerature and low humidity/water
theory. I had a couple of feeds of my runner plants, then nothing, now they
are looking good and flowering again and I suppose there is still time for a
crop. French climbers are ok but not as good as previous years.