Old 19-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Dave Liquorice

Default greenhouse heater fuel

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:50:35 -0000, Stephen Dobson wrote:

Anybody know where to get paraffin for our greenhouse heater cheaper
than =A33.70 for 4 litres

Parrafin =3D kerosene =3D 28sec heating oil as used in most domestic oil=

fired boilers. Last lot I bought (about a month ago) was fing
expensive 24.1p/l + VAT ( at 5%). Of course you need to buy this in
somewhat larger quantities but if you have a neighbour with oil fired
heating or Aga or WHY then try slipping him a quid or two for a can of
oil...

However 28sec heating oil might not be quite as purified as things
like "Parsene", probably having a higher sulphur content. I don't know
if the fumes from a heater burning 28sec would damge any plants. And
judging by the lack of other responses when I mentioned this a while
back no one else does either...

--
Cheers
Dave. Remove "spam" for valid email.