Old 25-08-2006, 02:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna J Fortuna is offline

Default Oh, shucks! My paph malipoense bud-blasted :-(

Steve,
Now these are some nice positive thoughts. I had not thought of that.
Thanks!
Joanna

P.S.: Maybe to make up for the malipoense bud blast, my Paph Deception II
(which is paph niveum x paph delenatii) appears to have not just one but two
buds on its current spike -- I did not know that this plant was capable of
having more than one bud per spike. So that's exciting.

"Steve" wrote in message
Well, without the burden of that flower, maybe the new growth will turn
out bigger and stronger than it would have otherwise. Maybe it will spend
the energy it saved on making a 2nd new growth and send it on its way to
being a nice specimen plant.

Steve