Old 24-08-2006, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Poor runner bean crop

"Mary Fisher" wrote after...

"Peter C" grumbled...
Earlier in the year I had a good crop of runner beans and suddenly I
found the same problem. An abubdance of flowers which suddenly fell
off and the beans did not set. Mine are in a shaded spot ,so I do not
think wind was the problem. I did find that they were growing over 7
feet tall so I cut off the tops, I now find that some are stating to
set .
Maybe this was something to do with the problem? It was not a watereing
problem as I keep up to this task.

I think it was just too hot.

I do too, killed the peas as well.

--