Old 25-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Plantaganet Plantaganet is offline
Registered User

Location: Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys Davies
wrote in message
oups.com...[color=blue][i]

snip
Recently ( 7.8.06) I saw a fairly extensive article in the Daily
Telegraph (Health) headed 'Don't let the midges bug you'. It
highlighted the fact that The Royal Marines at Faslane are buying Avon
body spray in bulk to fight off midges. It is reputed to be a powerful
midge repellent. The Soft and Fresh Dry Oil Body Spray (£2;
avonshop.co.uk) provides an oily protective layer so effective that the
soldiers buy it in bulk.

Consequently, I very recently purchased 150ml of the product from my
Avon Lady (£2.50) and I have had no bites on the three or so occasions
that I have used it.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.
-----
Thanks for the above Emrys, I have this very morning ordered the Avon body spray. After doing so, 'she who must be obeyed' told me that, had I asked her about my midge problem, she would have told me that besides the RM Faslane fellas using gallons of the stuff. The BBC OB television cameracrews always stock up with it before they go filming in the Scottish Highlands. I have also been asked to thank you for the Avon online shopping info., especially as our Avon rep. has long since stopped calling.

Happy midge free gardening,
Plantaganet