Old 27-08-2006, 03:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer[_3_] cloud dreamer[_3_] is offline

Default Acid loving blueberries in main garden

Butzmark wrote:

I want to put a few blueberry bushes on one edge of my vegetable
garden. I have some sulpher to change the ph for them. How far will
this spread into the rest of the garden? Anyone have any experience
with this? (Ohio zone 5)

I live on ten acres (mostly forest) that includes roughly 2 to 3 acres
of wild blueberries. These guys love to spread. I can't even keep them
from migrating into my lawn which gets limed annually. If you plant
them, treat them like a plot of strawberries or raspberries and be
prepared to wage battle after a couple years.

Oh, they love peat too. Lots of peat.

..

Zone 5a in Canada's Blueberry Rich Far East