Old 26-08-2006, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rhiannon Macfie Miller Rhiannon Macfie Miller is offline

Default Poor runner bean crop

Cat(h) wrote:
Ditto. Very low crop on all beans -runner and dwarf French. I seemed
to also notice no further setting of flowers during the dry hot spell,
and new flowers are appearing now - after a good few proper rainy

days,
and noticeably cooler temps.

I have a slightly different problem; my runner beans have been fine up
to now, but just in the last couple of days some of the youngest pods
have turned yellow and started to shrivel up. The French beans are
fine. Something similar happened last year as well.

I've assumed it's lack of water and given them a good soaking, but does
anyone have any other suggestions?

Rhiannon