Old 27-08-2006, 06:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
simy1 simy1 is offline

Default Acid loving blueberries in main garden

Butzmark wrote:
I want to put a few blueberry bushes on one edge of my vegetable
garden. I have some sulpher to change the ph for them. How far will
this spread into the rest of the garden? Anyone have any experience
with this? (Ohio zone 5)

would you consider an underground barrier? something like vinyl siding,
one foot deep. If not, my uneducated guess is that it will spread about
ten feet eventually. How do I know that? I just consider the grass near
my neighbor fence (he has horses, and two spots near the fence are
where they prefer to manure) compared to the grass away from it (in
poor sandy soil, it is much sparser and not as green).