Old 27-08-2006, 08:50 PM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen gardenlen is offline

Default More on the ants-aphids relationship

thanks dave,

that is how i have known it for a very long time now, and like most
agrdeners way back when i didn't know i had heaps of problems and with
scale and mealies as well even with mealies fully infesting roots of
potted palms all due to ants who i kindly ignored. but not now so long
as the ants do their thing away from our plants we can live togther.

back in the bad old days of having plenty of water to use when i found
the offending ant nest i would set up a drip over them for a few days
they usually moved on to someone elses garden.

can't understand why it was me that came under the microscope over
this f1 obviously may not have beena round the traps, i almost
exclusively only pass on what i have done myself though i have not
invented any of it, it is knowledge gained form other gardeners along
the line.

w have some bait mixes featured on our remedies page.

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 18:40:23 +0800, "Dave -Turner"
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len