Old 20-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Jeffrey J. Potoff

Default growing roses indoors?

JimS. wrote:
Has anyone grown roses in pots indoors? If a window gets good sun, and you
keep it watered, is there any reason the rose wouldn't do well? I checked
my two books but it's never mentioned....which I guess could be a clue?
(so, when you've run out of room outside, can they take over the inside of
your house, too?)

Small roses grow alright under flourescent lights. This is how I start
all my cuttings and grow them over the winter. The biggest problem I
have is that a flourescent light is not the sun and there really is no
substitute for that.

J.