Old 27-08-2006, 09:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al[_1_] Al[_1_] is offline

Default Just another reason not to like the AOS

I nearly snapped too when I tried to follow those email direction. When you
get to the download/upgrade area online you get presented with a list of
upgrades.

Following the direction of these upgrades is easier than following the
directions in the email.

Upgrade the program first. (the first download)

Then download the next upgrade (a zip file with the word May in it) into
the same folder as the e-aos program and start the program and it will tell
you it found an upgrade and ask if you want to unzip it. Once you tell it
to install the upgrade, go away for 45 minutes. It will tell you to wait,
but this will make you nuts.

After this you must download the next four upgrades (June, July Aug and
Sept. zip files) into the e-aos program folder before you restart the
program. It will tell you it found new upgrades and ask if you want to
unzip them. Say yes and go away for an hour and half. It will tell you to
wait, but waiting will make you nuts. You will think nothing is happening
BUT do not stop the process or you will corrupt the main program and then
you will have contact the aos customer service department.

Remember the program was made by volunteers, so don't expect anything and
you won't be disappointed. Besides being tempted to stop the upgrade
process while 'waiting" you may also be tempted to use an unzip program on
the zip files. Ignore this temptation. The e-aos upgrade you downloaded
first will do all the unzipping for you. Just make sure you do everything
in the correct order and don't stop once you start.

If it is your user-ID or order number that you need try typing a "w" in the
order number field when you log on. My web-browser is set up to remember
what was typed there last time something was entered and all I need to do it
put the first letter in and the rest of the order number shows up. I think
all the order numbers start with W. And I think most browsers are set by
default to do this so unless you turned off this feature, it may work.

A gun to your head might be a kinder, gentler approach....but then we ARE
dealing with the aos. Once all the upgrading is finished, please let me
know if you find anything new that wasn't there before. I think there may
be some new pictures but I haven't had time to play with it.

After th

Sorry. I snapped. I apologize, J.