Old 27-08-2006, 11:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo Steveo is offline

Default pic - @ day picking mostly heirlooms

wrote:
Steveo said:

Did you plant the euonymous there? =P

Yeah I got flats of it for free about ten years ago and it flourised along
side my barn, the roots are huge like that of a tree now. A real pain to
get rid of it.

[1]. I've two big depressions, where idiots that owned my property
previously thought it would be a nice idea to plant an Ash about 6 feet
off the corner of the deck (which is already fully covered), and a maple
about 15 feet from the back of the deck. I'll never understand why people
don't research trees, their MATURE size, and their growth habit, BEFORE
they decide on a species. Taking down fully mature, healthy trees because
the planter wasn't very bright, just drives me nuts.

I know what you mean, I had the same thing with a big silver maple here
when I bought this place. The tree was planted in 1979 as a foundation
planting!!! sheesh it was a real mess getting rid of it and repairing the
damage it caused.