Old 28-08-2006, 12:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dwayne Dwayne is offline

Default Acid loving blueberries in main garden

I planted some in Arkansas that I ordered from a grower, and they didnt
spread at all. What little growth they did, was all was around the base of
each plant.

You need to keep a pH down around 4 to 5.5 for them to do really well.

Dwayne

"Butzmark" wrote in message
I want to put a few blueberry bushes on one edge of my vegetable
garden. I have some sulpher to change the ph for them. How far will
this spread into the rest of the garden? Anyone have any experience
with this? (Ohio zone 5)