Old 28-08-2006, 09:59 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default More on the ants-aphids relationship

"gardenlen" wrote in message
g'day farm1,

sorry that i can't recall our past interludes, as i have had health
problems over the past 8 years

Been there done that! 2 bouts of primary cancer in the last 4 years.
Lots of exposure to what later became known as "Agent Orange" as a
child may or may not be the cause, but is no doubt the reason why I
try to remain an organic gardener.

but aphids and ants as i have known it for over a decade now go
together, now you had the right to post your opinion to the original
poster but you targetted my name in your initial reply, and i
responded but i don't think in a derogitory way, after all you used

my
name in vane first.

You have a selective memory Len. My first reply to you was to say
that ants weren't the cause of aphids and that I thought you were
mixing up aphids and scale insect.

You replied and made a lot of incorrect statements and then Jen said
that she'd read that ants farm aphids. You then replied to her and
wrote
"that is why i can't understand the statement made by a previous
poster".

That comment targeted me specifically and you did it first. I again
replied with an opposing view and stated that you were wrong about
aphids not having wings and gave 2 cites for you to look up then you
made your crack about books and chemicals. A quite specific and
deliberate insult and again it came from you first before I finally
decided I'd had enough. From then on I got cross. The thread is
there as proof.

oh i did take on board your opposing view and that would have been

as
far as it went had you not taken it upon yourself to target me, as
what i was passing on was common knowledge among a good many

gardening
threads.

You keep saying that Len but you don't really just think I have an
opposing view. You just do not believe that it is possible to have
aphids and no sign of ants and you have gone on and on about how there
must be ants.

I do not have and have never had ants on my rose bushes. I patrol my
roses in Spring wiht a military fervour and I knwo that I only get
aphids every year for a couple of weeks and NEVER, EVER ants. The
wrens clear the aphids off and they don't come back. If, according to
you, I had ants, the aphids would be back.

rather thin of late i don't understand?? this is one of the rare
occassions in app 8 years online that a post has led to this with

me.
and as there are so very few occassions to get invoilved in posts in
this group of late i certainly can't remember any of controversy.

Farm1 is not the only name I've ever used and I have read you and
remember you and many other interchanges with others from many
different newsgroups and we have in the past exchanged lots of private
e-mails.