Old 28-08-2006, 09:48 PM posted to austin.gardening
Mike Harris[_1_] Mike Harris[_1_] is offline

Default Rainwater Collection Tanks

wrote in message
I have purchased a 2500 gallon and a 550 gallon water tank from a friend.
He never did anything with them so I an uncertain about the base.

I read about concrete base but I also read that a sand or pea-gravel base
will work just as well.

Does anyone know someone who is in this business? I believe I would just
as soon contract this out.

thanks
Steven

http://www.rainwatercollection.com/

I have no personal experience with the man but have a friend near Hamilton
Pool with an installation who speaks very highly of him. His was a semi-DIY
installation wherein he had the tank installed and did all of his own
plumbing according to the specs provided. IIRC his tank sits on a
decomposed granite base.
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX