Old 20-03-2003, 01:44 AM
Pam

Default leyland cypress

Not exactly a joke, but a slight exaggeration.. Leylands can and do get very tall and wide and they can do it pretty rapidly, but that height and
width is more likely to be seen after 25-30 years. And some cultivars will never reach that size.

pam - gardengal

HI HI- wrote:

are you serious or is this joke?

"Tsu Dho Nimh" wrote in message ...
"HI HI-" wrote:

ok i just bought two of them but im afraid to plant them because the rep told me that they get soo big that i shouldnt plant them in my yard.
i thought these trees are good border trees about 30 high and 7 feet wide. he was like they get 50+ and over 15feet wide...
is this correct?

They can get HUGE! Take them back and get a refund.

30 feet and 7 feet wide quickly, and 70+ feet talland 40 feet
wide over the next 10-15 years.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both