Old 29-08-2006, 05:21 AM posted to rec.gardens
Lar[_1_] Lar[_1_] is offline

Default Best stuff for removing fire ants from the yard?

In article ,
says...
Yes, I know it works. That's why I suggested it.

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 23:36:02 GMT,
wrote:

I have heard from a friend down in Ala (where fire ants got their start) that it does
work. Ingrid

Jangchub wrote:
You can also put out instant grits, which the

And people say and believe that Elvis lives, when in fact they want him
to live and they have seen some one with a resemblance... you can stop
activity on an FA hill by adding grits on top of a mound..as with
water...sand.. numerous things, but that doesn't mean the ants have died
out, just changed the movement patterns hopefully to just a new entrance
way, rather than budding out to several new nest locations. FA can't eat
solid foods, have yet to see a study say that they can and that such
cereal/grain based home remedies do kill ants. Sprinkling grits on a
mound off the patio and noticing they don't seem to be active any longer
but a new one has now shown up nearby can hardly mean the first mound
seen was killed by the remedy.

http://www.organicgardening.com/feat...-9-119,00.html
http://entweb.clemson.edu/fireant/ifafaq.htm
and when in doubt turn to the Aggies