Old 29-08-2006, 06:14 AM posted to austin.gardening
James Lee Johnson James Lee Johnson is offline

Default Rainwater Collection Tanks

The excellent "Texas Manual on Rainwater Harvesting" is available for
download from the Texas Water Development Board, www.twdb.state.tx.us , for
free.

wrote:
I read about concrete base but I also read that a sand or pea-gravel base
will work just as well.

I think for flexible tanks, like plastic and fiberglass, a sand or gravel
base is preferable to concrete, but I could be mistaken.

Unless persuaded otherwise, I plan to put a water tank on a 4" bed of
decomposed granite, the kind used for jogging paths in Austin. I order
decomposed granite by the dump truck load he

Collier Materials, Inc.
PO Box 86
Marble Falls, Texas 78654,
Phone: (830) 693-2228
Fax: (830) 798-2226
Toll Free: (877) 603-3030
www.colliermaterials.com

Smaller quantities can be purchase at landscape suppliers.

j jhnsn