Old 20-03-2003, 02:20 AM
shannie

Default can I plant now?

I spent the entire bank holiday weekend (st patricks) out in the garden
clearing,digging, fertilising, raking, fencing off and generally preparing a
new plot (40sq ft)for my new veggie project. Having been working on a now
nicely established garden of flowers, trees and shrubs for 15yrs I've not
really had to put a lot of thought into when do do things, it kind of became
automatic. But veggies are completely new to me. What has me baffled at the
moment is when exactly I can start my planting. Iv got my beds prepared
(cleaned out nicely by my chucks!) and Im all ready but it's the weather Im
worried about. We're having wonderful balmy warm weather by day but -2 to -4
by night. What I want to know is, can I safely plant the likes of peas,
lettuce, onion seeds, cabbage seeds etc now or would it be pertinent to wait
a week or so longer? It's such wonderful weather I just want to be out
sowing, I just know if I wait I'll be out in the rain again

Thanks in advance

--
Shan (Ireland)
To mail me direct please reply to: shannie(AT)utvinternet.ie