Old 29-08-2006, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Why do cabbages have to be planted firmly?

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:08:04 +0100, Chris ] wrote:

Why do cabbages have to be planted firmly?
And how do you do it?
I want to use the ground that has had potatoes in it - and that ground
is really loose!
Should I compress it with a sledgehammer?
Or what?

Percy Thrower (you may not be old enough to remember him) when
planting something, and pressing it in with his foot, once said "Don't
do a war dance round it!" Perhaps in the case of your brassicas, a
war dance would do the trick!

Pam in Bristol