Old 30-08-2006, 07:03 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Teech Teech is offline

Default BATS Was: Mosquitos, Garlic repellent

Boy oh boy...I should probably stop drinking so much coffee...my
fingers are working much faster than my brain. I'm going to stop and
take deep breaths before responding for the rest of the day. I
actually followed the link about bats in this post and found a bat
house and tips on attracting bats.

So, I guess my question still remains...has anybody in this area put up
bat houses? Any success luring bats?

Thanks,
John

Teech wrote:
Actually, I was being dense. I now see the older post about bats.

I was actually thinking about building some bat houses...but have yet
to do any research on whether I might be successful or not.

Anybody out there have any ideas/thoughts about promoting bats as a
mosquito deterrent? Anybody have some good references to a bat house
design? Suggestions for attracting bats to new houses?

And how about the rabies issue?
--
John

Teech wrote:
Maybe i'm being dense...but what does a rabid bat story have to do with
the garlic/anti-mosquito product?

--
John

sarab wrote:
yes, but... what about THIS?

http://www.newsobserver.com/161/story/461962.html

Nosmo King wrote:
In article , "Peter F." wrote:
Our backyard is INFESTED with mosquitos. You could walk outside at any time
of day and within 5 minutes have 10 or 20 bites. There is no standing water
whatsoever in our yard, the gutters are clean. I think we have bad neighbors
is all.

How 'bout this as an alternative:
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/nreos/wild/w...mmals/bats.htm