Old 30-08-2006, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Planting out hostas

On 30/8/06 14:58, in article
, "Little Weed"
wrote:

Hi
I have just taken delivery of some hosta plants, which I intended for
around a hedge area. Now I'm just wondering if I should pot them up and
wait for the spring before planting them out?
LW

How big are they? IOW, would they benefit from being potted up and given
time to grow a bit before being planted out? We imported some Hosta 'Mr
Big' from USA several years ago and gave them a year in pots before either
selling them or planting them out for ourselves.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk