Old 30-08-2006, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Little Weed Little Weed is offline

Default Planting out hostas

Sacha wrote:

How big are they? IOW, would they benefit from being potted up and given
time to grow a bit before being planted out? We imported some Hosta 'Mr
Big' from USA several years ago and gave them a year in pots before either
selling them or planting them out for ourselves.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

To be honest I bought them on ebay and now they have arrived, they are
a tad puny - my instinct tells me that they had better go in pots for
the winter (we're in the lake district, so it WILL be cold). Thanks for
confirming my first thoughts. I do love hostas...know very little about
them, but I'll pot them up now.
Cheers
LW