Old 17-02-2003, 12:27 AM
Nedra

Default Flying Goldfish

A strange thing happened in my Fully Netted pond this winter. The netted
area was about 20 x 20; the net was attached to the deck overhang. Small
birds kept getting trapped under the netting and the pond. None of the them
drowned but only because I was at home and able to net them out.
Then one day a Hawk got tangled up inside the net.
He was flailing around something fierce - Then fell into the pond on his
back. I started ripping the net off but caught the hawk's eyes beaded on
me .. I held his glare and finally got the net torn off. The bird was about
20 feet from me. Once I got the net free he
was able to right himself and scramble onto the rocks.
The weather was not good for wet a bird - way below
zero. He flew up into a high tree and perched there
while the sun dried him. I was transfixed ... watching
him from the window. The look in that hawk's eyes
is still with me. He was pleading with me for help.

Nedra

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
May I suggest against calling the fish and games people. If you do, then
you may become a target for them if any protected bird was to meet with
unfortunate accident in your area.
Net your pond, and if one gets caught in the net help it out. If it dies,
wrap it in a tight bag and ..........................

--
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."

"K30a" wrote in message

You've got to be careful how
you handle a protected bird of prey.
Call your local Fish and Wildlife