Old 31-08-2006, 06:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cat Whisperer The Cat Whisperer is offline

Default Tomatoes... cherry tomato plants, in a pot, on my balcony...

Hi,
I have 3 pots with cherry tomato plants.
They are growing well, but one has very few tomatoes... it is still
flowering.

Should I stop fertilising or continue?

I am in Montreal, so it is also getting cold at night.

Also, as far as trimming, should I do something special to make them stop
growing and flowering? Or, let them be?
I feel like they should stop flowering and concentrate on growing the little
tomatoes that are already there...
Or, by the time it gets really cold here, they will be all half green / red
and no good!

Forgive my ignorance, but these are my first tomato plants.... !

BTW, the ones that have turned red (10) have been super sweet tasting, so I
look forward to more!