Old 01-09-2006, 09:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jon ChicKen$ M@ster Jon ChicKen$ M@ster is offline

Default Tomatoes... cherry tomato plants, in a pot, on my balcony...

The Cat Whisperer wrote:

Hi,
I have 3 pots with cherry tomato plants.
They are growing well, but one has very few tomatoes... it is still
flowering.

Should I stop fertilising or continue?

I think so, if you fertilize a plant with nitrogen you make it develop
more its vegetation and be more damaged by parasites (aphids and scales,
cryptogames).

I am in Montreal, so it is also getting cold at night.

How cold night and day (average temperature; please °C Celsius)?

Also, as far as trimming, should I do something special to make them stop
growing and flowering? Or, let them be?

Some tomatoes varieties has continue to grow branches and leafs while
they fructify. Anyway if you trim its branches you promote fruits
growth, but usually in any plant you need to equilibrate growth and
production of fruits.
Bye,

Jon