Old 05-09-2006, 08:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default NWF Certification. . .grr. . . .

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:05:13 -0500, zxcvbob
wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Sparky Organic" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ther eis only one legitimate definition of Master Gardener. You're
sounding very trollish, and I don't feel you are asking a serious
question, so I'm not going to play this game.

Trollish? I'm asking you valid questions. You say you are a master
gardener.
I know that some organization bestows that title. NGA, maybe? It doesn't
matter, though. I want to know why you sought to have the title. My
question
is directly related to your original post.

It's a certification granted by the state agricultural extension service
after the gardener completes some course work and community service (and
pays a fee, of course.) I'm pretty sure it varies from state to state.
A Master Gardener is recognized by the state as being qualified to
give gardening advice (answering calls referred from the county agent's
office, etc.)

Best regards,
Bob

It qualifies you to answer the phones and with mountains of books and
periodicals by your side, you answer questions. Most of the time you
get incorrect recommendations.

This brings us right back to the OP's comments. Why did he want the Master
Gardener certification and secret decoder ring? Probably for the same reason
someone would pay what is essentially the normal NWF membership fee, and get
a certificate in return.