Old 20-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Rosemary

Rosemary is a herb (at least in the UK) and it has very fragrant perfume
with quite distinctive shaped leaf. Slim and definitely pointed. As I
am really no gardener believe you me, this is one of the few plants I do
recognise. Do herbs work as bonsai?

Sincerely, Chris

Rosemary is a shrub in its native habitat, the Mediterranean, and has
wonderful properties for bonsai.... attractive shreddy red bark,
leaves and flowers to scale, wonderful aroma, easily buds back.....
except it is hard to keep alive outside of its proper zone. For me,
that is. If I keep it outside in zone 6.5, it will live about 4
years before a cold spell kills it. If I bring it indoors, its fussy
water requirements eventually defeat me. I finally stopped trying,
although I'm moving to zone 7, and perhaps I'll be able to keep one
then.
--
Nina Shishkoff

Riverhead, NY