Old 05-09-2006, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams[_2_] michael adams[_2_] is offline

Default Unrotted Manure

"Jane" wrote in message

I have a pile of fresh manure for my allotment. I know the manure has to
rot down in a heap for 6 months to a year before use, however, if the beds
are empty of all crops until spring can I spread the manure on the soil

now
and let it rot in situ?

Thanks.

Presumably it benefits from any heat being generated internally in the
heap. Spreading it on the surface will dissapate any heat and slow down the
decomposition process.

michael adams