Old 05-09-2006, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default Unrotted Manure

"michael adams" wrote in message
:
: "Jane" wrote in message
: ...
:
: I have a pile of fresh manure for my allotment. I know the manure has
: rot down in a heap for 6 months to a year before use, however, if the
beds
: are empty of all crops until spring can I spread the manure on the soil
: now
: and let it rot in situ?
:
: Thanks.
:
: Presumably it benefits from any heat being generated internally in the
: heap. Spreading it on the surface will dissapate any heat and slow down
the
: decomposition process.
:
:
: michael adams
:
: ...
On the other hand you are duplicating the way nature would work