Old 05-09-2006, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ric@rdo Ric@rdo is offline

Default Advice Needed: Moving Roses...

wrote in
oups.com:

I moved some the other year - some with lots of earth around the roots
and some more or less yanked out of the ground. All have done ok,
even the ones that were sat out of soil at the back of the garden
didn't show bad signs until the hot weather came. Others have done
better since being moved. I'm no expert gardener and I was surprised
how resilient they were. YMMV

Mmmm......... they sound like hardy little buggers don't they. I wanted to
get the job done as soon as possible but I've been advised to leave it till
winter. It's probably wise to wait until the things have stopped growing
but I really want to get the ground ready for some veggies and fruit.

What time of year did you transplant yours?