Old 05-09-2006, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\) David \(in Normandy\) is offline

Default Mole Ceasefire!

OK I give up, I'm not going to win the war against moles. For every one I
kill another takes its place. Short of putting land mines everywhere in the
garden I've realised they are here for good. Unlike an urban garden, mine is
surrounded by fields on all sides so there is a limitless supply of furry
little excavators. I've put everything in their holes and runs from old
cooking oil, urine to petrol. I've tried traps, gassing and poisoned bait. I
even tried flooding them out - but they just thought I'd made a water flume
to entertain them.

It's time to just accept that the lawn will never be a bowling green.
Similarly with the veg plot. Moles seem to home in on freshly dug and
planted earth. So to tweak an old seed sowing saying.

One for the pigeon,
One for the crow,
One for the mole,
One to rot,