Old 06-09-2006, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Mole Ceasefire!

, I, Marvo, say :

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 20:59:13 +0200, "David \(in Normandy\)"
wrote:

OK I give up, I'm not going to win the war against moles. For every
one I kill another takes its place. Short of putting land mines
everywhere in the garden I've realised they are here for good.
Unlike an urban garden, mine is surrounded by fields on all sides so
there is a limitless supply of furry little excavators. I've put
everything in their holes and runs from old cooking oil, urine to
petrol. I've tried traps, gassing and poisoned bait. I even tried
flooding them out - but they just thought I'd made a water flume to
entertain them.

It's time to just accept that the lawn will never be a bowling green.
Similarly with the veg plot. Moles seem to home in on freshly dug and
planted earth. So to tweak an old seed sowing saying.

One for the pigeon,
One for the crow,
One for the mole,
One to rot,
And one to grow..

C'est la vie!

Shame it took you so long. The sooner some of these idiots realize we
only share nature, it's not exclusive to a warped mind, the better.

Well done.

We share nature, as we share the planet. You would not be welcome in my
garden any more than a mole would be.

I believe that moles,being blind and relying on their sense of hearing and
vibration, are very susceptible to those low-frequency emitters which are
commonly available. I know someone who has used one and has had no more
moles. It is humane, and means that the moles find pastures new (like next
door's garden)

As an aside, may I point out that Americans are the major rapists of the
planet, and that they and only they use the word "dick" as an insult? Just
saying :-)