Old 07-09-2006, 01:29 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst Chas Hurst is offline

Default Snapper Rear-Engine Riding Mower?

"James" wrote in message
. ..

I wonder if any of you own or have used this riding mower and if so, how
well do you like it ? It is smaller and less expensive than the
"tractor"
type mowers , but it looks pretty nifty and maneuverable.

I am considering a basic, modest-sized riding mower perhaps in the
$1,200-1600 range, if that is feasible.

Any comments please, specifically on the Snapper Rear Engine mower, or
others that are a good value in this price range ?

Thanks for any helpful comments. !!!

--James--

I mowed my lawn for years with a Snapper. It was about 30 years old when I
retired it (still have it) to get a mower with a wider cut.
The single blade, if kept sharp, does a fine job of cutting. I got a bagger
for mine too, that also worked well for sucking up leaves in the fall.