Old 06-09-2006, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Buddleia colvilei

On 6/9/06 12:32, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

I said..........

Speaking of Buddleias, why oh why can't I get Colvilei to root? I've
tried dozens of ways and dozens of times but to no avail.

Sacha said: (I had to hunt this out as it got lost amongst a longer
thread!)

I asked Ray about this and he suggests quite a gritty mix. If you tell
us what you're actually using, he may be able to help you further.

I've tried tip, root and ripe/unripe and semi ripe cuttings.

I've tried 3:1 of sharp sand and compost, I've tried vermiculite and
sand and Perlite and sand, bottom heat, in soil and covered with heat.
None have shown the slightest interest in staying alive!
All other cuttings of other buddleias have been really easy.
Might try seed next ..............
It's getting to be a propagation challenge

Janet, I'll print this off and show it to Ray and see what he suggests.
Watch this space!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk