Old 06-09-2006, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] adder1969@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Advice Needed: Moving Roses...

Ric@rdo wrote:

Mmmm......... they sound like hardy little buggers don't they. I wanted to
get the job done as soon as possible but I've been advised to leave it till
winter. It's probably wise to wait until the things have stopped growing
but I really want to get the ground ready for some veggies and fruit.

What time of year did you transplant yours?

I did mine at different times of the year, some mid-summer. After I
moved those ones I cut them right back. Actually I cut one back and
the other not so much. This year the cut back one is still growing
strongly but the other looks a bit week after the first flush of
flowers. That one is in a different position now though so that could
have something to do with it.

My thinking was that I needed them out of the way so f-it, they either
survive or die. None of them were prize-winning plants or anything.

I did take some cuttings but none of them survived.