Old 06-09-2006, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Buddleia colvilei

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
I said..........

Speaking of Buddleias, why oh why can't I get Colvilei to root? I've
tried dozens of ways and dozens of times but to no avail.

Sacha said: (I had to hunt this out as it got lost amongst a longer
thread!)

I asked Ray about this and he suggests quite a gritty mix. If you tell
us what you're actually using, he may be able to help you further.

I've tried tip, root and ripe/unripe and semi ripe cuttings.

I've tried 3:1 of sharp sand and compost, I've tried vermiculite and
sand and Perlite and sand, bottom heat, in soil and covered with heat.
None have shown the slightest interest in staying alive!
All other cuttings of other buddleias have been really easy.
Might try seed next ..............
It's getting to be a propagation challenge

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

I do mine in 50/50 peat and perlite but just outside the mist of the mist
unit so it stays on the dry side, I do find like B. forestii it is more
tricky. What I would really like to know is how long my plant will take to
flower (now 4 years old and no sign)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk