Old 06-09-2006, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman cineman is offline

Default Buddleia colvilei

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
I said..........

Speaking of Buddleias, why oh why can't I get Colvilei to root? I've
tried dozens of ways and dozens of times but to no avail.

Have you tried layering?
Nick underside near leaf joint and lay into gritty compost and place stone
on top.
Or try air layering, nick by a leaf joint and wrap compost mix around and
wrap with polythene and tape top and bottom of polythene to stem.
May work.
regards
Cineman

Sacha said: (I had to hunt this out as it got lost amongst a longer
thread!)

I asked Ray about this and he suggests quite a gritty mix. If you tell
us what you're actually using, he may be able to help you further.

I've tried tip, root and ripe/unripe and semi ripe cuttings.

I've tried 3:1 of sharp sand and compost, I've tried vermiculite and sand
and Perlite and sand, bottom heat, in soil and covered with heat.
None have shown the slightest interest in staying alive!
All other cuttings of other buddleias have been really easy.
Might try seed next ..............
It's getting to be a propagation challenge

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph