Old 06-09-2006, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\) David \(in Normandy\) is offline

Default Mole Ceasefire!

Balls -- moth balls, that is! I've been chasing a mole around my
allotment
for months by putting a mothball in the soil wherever it's dug. The mole
merely moves to another part of the plot but I'm hoping that eventually
it'll move next door!

I thought I'd cracked it with petrol, and under the impression it was
killing them, but after a week or two there were more hills. So perhaps they
were just evacuating to another bunker until the fumes had evaporated. Also
it is an ongoing problem and the garden was starting like an oil refinery! I
think if a careless smoker threw a butt in our direction we were on the
verge of blowing up half of Normandy. Our neighbours would think the Germans
were back again!
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk