Old 06-09-2006, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\) David \(in Normandy\) is offline

Default Mole Ceasefire!

I believe that moles,being blind and relying on their sense of hearing and
vibration, are very susceptible to those low-frequency emitters which are
commonly available. I know someone who has used one and has had no more
moles. It is humane, and means that the moles find pastures new (like next
door's garden)

I'd been wondering whether to buy one of those as a last attempt. At least
if I can get them to relocate from freshly planted cuttings and seedlings
back into the lawn that would be something. I've also noticed that moles
dislike the areas of garden that I've limed, so it may be worth trying some
quicklime down their tunnels too - that will make their little eyes water!

I hadn't seen the other persons posting, I think he was one of the first
into my killfile months ago when I started lurking in this newsgroup. When I
observe people being repeatedly rude (to anybody) I take the view that they
have nothing worth listening to, so automatically killfile them.
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk