Old 06-09-2006, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Mole Ceasefire!

who wrote this in , I, Marvo, say :

I believe that moles,being blind and relying on their sense of
hearing and vibration, are very susceptible to those low-frequency
emitters which are commonly available. I know someone who has used
one and has had no more moles. It is humane, and means that the
moles find pastures new (like next door's garden)

I'd been wondering whether to buy one of those as a last attempt. At
least if I can get them to relocate from freshly planted cuttings and
seedlings back into the lawn that would be something. I've also
noticed that moles dislike the areas of garden that I've limed, so it
may be worth trying some quicklime down their tunnels too - that will
make their little eyes water!

I'm pretty much against hurting animules, apart from rats (only 'cos of the
disease thing).. However, I don't mind deterrents, in the same way as I'm
not quite sure about shooting pikeys and animal rights activists :-) but I
definitely don't want them on moi laaaaand. The sonic emitter things are
reasonably priced and I understand that once Mr Mole has gone, he doesn't
return. Don't ask me why ... but if it's true you can then sell the machine
once your problem is gone!

I hadn't seen the other persons posting, I think he was one of the
first into my killfile months ago when I started lurking in this
newsgroup. When I observe people being repeatedly rude (to anybody) I
take the view that they have nothing worth listening to, so
automatically killfile them.

Cave! Potestatem obscuri lateris nescis :-)

Sorry, shouldn't have posted his comments, hey weren't very rude though. I
won't post them if they are. Funnily, although these people mean to be
offensive, calling somone a dick isn't (to me, anyway, 'cos my name's not
Richard) and just goes to show, they can't even insult people properly
because they don't speak the same language :-)

UK.rec etc etc.