Old 07-09-2006, 10:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
宁 is offline

Default Tomato Sport - advice?

The Cat Whisperer 写道:

sell it on ebay!

"William L. Rose" wrote in message
Robert,
just one huh? That's tough. The first thing to do is get it a business
agent and come up with some colorful story for its' origin (You know
like being found in the garden of some hermit high in the [name of
mountain here].) Be sure to get pictures. Does it vaguely resemble any
known saint? Be sure to try public access TV. I mean whoop it up.

Finally, at some point it you should probably taste it. If it's any
good, save some seeds.

- Bill
Coloribus gustibus non disputatum. (more or less)

In article ,
"mr p." wrote:

Robert H. Rosenberg wrote:

My daughter gave me a tomato plant this spring originating many years
back from my son-in-law's family - a somewhat typical Italian red
tomato, slightly plumper than a Roma . It's doing well with 7 or 8
normal looking tomatoes, but appears to have a 'sport', a single large
bulbous tomato off one branch bearing no resmblance to the others.

Is this common with tomatoes? If not, depending on how it looks at
maturity, is it something I should get excited about and pursue with a
local expert?

RHR

I believe that is the stuff of evolution, namely, happenstance and
survival. IT is after all a tomato.

Slice it, salt it, and enjoy.

Regards,

How about it's tastes? If it's good you can make it into tomato juice.