Old 07-09-2006, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg Chris Hogg is offline

Default Buddleia colvilei

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:32:12 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

I said..........

Speaking of Buddleias, why oh why can't I get Colvilei to root? I've
tried dozens of ways and dozens of times but to no avail.

This will be of no help whatsoever, but some 25 years ago I came
across a miserable, stunted specimen of B. colvilei in some scrubby
woodland in the grounds of a large private house. As it was obviously
about to expire, I took three cuttings and potted them up. At least
two of them rooted, apparently without difficulty or special
treatment, although I cannot remember the time of year or what I did
in particular. Beginner's luck!

--
Chris