Old 09-09-2006, 12:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Johnny Borborigmi Johnny Borborigmi is offline

Default My first spikes!!

On 2006-09-09 01:05:05 -0400, "Bruce Musgrove"
said:

My first Spikes!
Can you tell my wife and I are newbies? We have a unknown Phal from
Home Depot that now has a 6 inch spike. It seemed to just appear
overnight! I also have 2 inch spikes on my Dgmra. Winter Wonderland
'White Fairy' . This surpirsed me. We bought this plant at a local
garden show last April, from the North Texas Orchid Society becasue it
smelled so nice. It was in dire need of dividing and repotting, so I
did and promptly lost the blooms and spike (newbie mistake) but it has
since put out new growth and spikes on the new growth. I wasn't
expecting any until next year....

Bruce
Cedar Hill, Texas
(cloaking device engaged)