Old 09-09-2006, 06:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default My first spikes!!

My first Spikes!
Can you tell my wife and I are newbies? We have a unknown Phal from Home
Depot that now has a 6 inch spike. It seemed to just appear overnight! I
also have 2 inch spikes on my Dgmra. Winter Wonderland 'White Fairy' . This
surpirsed me. We bought this plant at a local garden show last April, from
the North Texas Orchid Society becasue it smelled so nice. It was in dire
need of dividing and repotting, so I did and promptly lost the blooms and
spike (newbie mistake) but it has since put out new growth and spikes on the
new growth. I wasn't expecting any until next year....

Bruce
Cedar Hill, Texas
(cloaking device engaged)

Old 09-09-2006, 12:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Old 11-09-2006, 06:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Bruce Musgrove wrote:
My first Spikes!
Can you tell my wife and I are newbies? We have a unknown Phal from Home
Depot that now has a 6 inch spike. It seemed to just appear overnight! I
also have 2 inch spikes on my Dgmra. Winter Wonderland 'White Fairy' . This
surpirsed me. We bought this plant at a local garden show last April, from
the North Texas Orchid Society becasue it smelled so nice. It was in dire
need of dividing and repotting, so I did and promptly lost the blooms and
spike (newbie mistake) but it has since put out new growth and spikes on the
new growth. I wasn't expecting any until next year....

Bruce
Cedar Hill, Texas
(cloaking device engaged)

Congratulations! I very much remember my first spikes, and that I
killed the infloresence before it could bloom! No big deal, I got it to
bloom again anyway. The first one is always exciting.

Of course, everything in life has both sides, good and bad. The good
part is you got it to spike. The bad part is, now you're hooked!

white conical spikes on tomato plants Salty Thumb Gardening 5 17-06-2003 03:08 PM
Spinach spikes will United Kingdom 14 05-06-2003 09:19 AM
Miracle Grow Plant Spikes tinman Freshwater Aquaria Plants 7 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
Anyone ever use Miracle-grow spikes? Jerry Lawns 0 30-03-2003 05:20 PM
Miracle Grow Plant Spikes Rich Conley Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 27-03-2003 12:44 AM