Old 09-09-2006, 02:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna J Fortuna is offline

Default My first spikes!!

Congratulations Bruce!
New spikes are my favorite thing about orchid growing.
Joanna

"Bruce Musgrove" wrote in message
My first Spikes!
Can you tell my wife and I are newbies? We have a unknown Phal from Home
Depot that now has a 6 inch spike. It seemed to just appear overnight! I
also have 2 inch spikes on my Dgmra. Winter Wonderland 'White Fairy' .
This surpirsed me. We bought this plant at a local garden show last
April, from the North Texas Orchid Society becasue it smelled so nice. It
was in dire need of dividing and repotting, so I did and promptly lost the
blooms and spike (newbie mistake) but it has since put out new growth and
spikes on the new growth. I wasn't expecting any until next year....

Bruce
Cedar Hill, Texas
(cloaking device engaged)