Old 09-09-2006, 03:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Mick Fournier Mick Fournier is offline

Default Wal-mart Orchids

Bruce,

And soon you might be buying hard-to-find (and not-in-WalMart) orchid
species in flask.

Mick
www.OrchidFlask.com

"Bruce Musgrove" wrote in message
I was getting a little disappointed with the lack / duplication of orchid
selection at our local Home Depot and Lowes in the Dallas Texas area. Went
home to North Texas to visit my Dad and stopped at a Wal-Mart looking for
(of all things ) a undamaged "Christmas Lucy" Barbie doll. Instead I found
a amazing variety of Dendrobiums and DGMRA. I came home with 5 new plants.

I stopped at every Wal Mart I saw after that and was very surprised at the
number and variety of Hawaiian orchids they had. These were distributed by
West Coast Nurseries. Surprisingly, the majority of them even had tags.